Hot Surface Gas Ignition Control Modules
The 8X Series is a microprocessor based INTELLIGENT hot surface ignition control, designed for OEM and replacement applications. The wiring connections are industry standard which allows for simplified installation and replacement.
The internal circuitry monitors systems gas valve, wiring and H.S.I. element shutting down the system in the event of a failed or short circuit condition.
The control offers a flame status and diagnostic LED indicator for accurate and simplified troubleshooting.
Alternating relay switching is employed to extend power relay life as much as 50%.
ODL "Optical Data Link" programming is designed into this for immediate downloading of programs.
8X Hot Surface Gas Ignition Control Module Features
- OEM and Universal Models
- Universal models are field selectable via DIP switch
- Replaces many competitive units.
- Remote probe sense or through HSI element sensing
- Alternate relay contact switching
- Proved Ignition option
Applications for the 8X Series Hot Surface Ignition Control
- Gas Furnaces
- Residential and Commercial Boilers
- Water / Space Heaters
- Commercial Cooking Appliances
- Spa and Pool Heaters
- Gas Burner applications above 400k BTU's*
- Agricultural equipment
8X Series Hot Surface Gas Ignition Control Agency Certifications
- CSA ANSI Z21.20
- CSA C22.2 No. 199-M89
Selection Options for the Hot Surface Gas Ignition Control Modules
- ODL "Optical Data Link" programming is designed into this control for instantaneous downloading of programs for rapid delivery.
- *HSI current measurement for proven ignition (requirement for high BTU applications)
- Universal Model includes multi position DIP switch allowing field selection for Pre-purge, Inter-purge, number of trials, warm-up time, trial time ignition.
- Dip Switch timing selections are transferred permanetly into memory after 10 cycles
- Contact Capable Controls for ordering instructions
- Made in USA
Specifications for the 8X Series:
|Power Input: 24 Vac 50 / 60 Hz
Hot Surface Igniter: 120-240Vac 50 / 60 Hz
Flame Sensing: Rectification
Gas Types: Natural, LP or Manufactured
Gas Valves: 24Vac @ 2 amps
| Operating Temperature: -40º to 80º F
Operation humidity: 90% non-condensing
Mounting position: Multipoise
Electrical: Extended Life Relays
Proved Ignition Model: 0.5-6.0A (if option is chosen)
Connections: 1/4" Male Fast-ons®
Dimensions: 4.85"W x 3.15"D x 1.50"H
Construction: Surface mount technology