8X Series Hot Surface Gas Ignition Control Modules
Hot surface ignition controls are common ignition systems, especially in ovens and furnaces. With the use of an electronic control, these gas ignition controls are simple-to-use, clean, and energy efficient.
Capable Controls manufactures the 8X Series, a microprocessor-based INTELLIGENT hot surface ignition control, designed for OEM and replacement applications. The wiring connections are industry standard which allows for simplified installation and replacement.
How Hot Surface Ignition Controls Are Used
Similar to a light bulb, hot surface ignition controls operate using an electrical hot surface element. This circuit powers and heats the hot surface ignitor. Once this ignitor a valve is opened, releasing gas and igniting the stove burner. Once the thermostat reached the desired temperature the control turns off the gas and waits for the next call for heat.
Hot Surface Ignition Controls from Capable Controls
The internal circuitry monitors systems gas valve, wiring, and H.S.I. element shutting down the system in the event of a failed or short circuit condition.
The control offers a flame status and diagnostic LED indicator for accurate and simplified troubleshooting.
Alternating relay switching is employed to extend power relay life as much as 50%. ODL "Optical Data Link" programming is designed into this for immediate downloading of programs.
8X Hot Surface Gas Ignition Control Module Features
- OEM and Universal Models
- Universal models are field selectable via DIP switch
- Replaces many competitive units.
- Remote probe sense or through HSI element sensing
- Alternate relay contact switching
- Proved Ignition option
8X Series Hot Surface Gas Ignition Control Agency Certifications
- CSA ANSI Z21.20
- CSA C22.2 No. 199-M89
Selection Options for the Hot Surface Gas Ignition Control Modules
- ODL "Optical Data Link" programming is designed into this control for instantaneous downloading of programs for rapid delivery.
- *HSI current measurement for proven ignition (requirement for high BTU applications)
- Universal Model includes multi-position DIP switch allowing field selection for Pre-purge, Inter-purge, number of trials, warm-up time, trial time ignition.
- Dip Switch timing selections are transferred permanently into memory after 10 cycles
- Contact Capable Controls for ordering instructions
- Made in the USA
Specifications for the 8X Series Gas Ignition Controls:
|Power Input: 24 Vac 50 / 60 Hz
Hot Surface Igniter: 120-240Vac 50 / 60 Hz
Flame Sensing: Rectification
Gas Types: Natural, LP or Manufactured
Gas Valves: 24Vac @ 2 amps
| Operating Temperature: -40º to 80º F
Operation humidity: 90% non-condensing
Mounting position: Multipoise
Electrical: Extended Life Relays
Proved Ignition Model: 0.5-6.0A (if option is chosen)
Connections: 1/4" Male Fast-ons®
Dimensions: 4.85"W x 3.15"D x 1.50"H
Construction: Surface mount technology
Learn More About Our Hot Surface Ignition Controls Today
The 8X series of hot surface gas ignition control modules utilize a microprocessor, making them intelligent and easily compatible with your OEM or replacement part applications. To learn more about our hot surface ignition controls, read our resources below: